Finding You the right agency.
We are your partner in the foster care process!
Have you ever thought about a rewarding career as a foster carer? Would you like to make a difference in someone’s life? Is this the moment you decide to take the first step?
Simply Fostering provides the only qualified, independent support information and free agency matching service to people interested in foster caring in Birmingham and surrounding areas.
We have been helping to reduce the confusion and stress by matching people’s skills and experience with the right fostering agencies since 2005 and have helped over a thousand potential foster carers to start their fostering career.
We provide comprehensive information about foster care and help you to reduce the risk of choosing the wrong fostering agency.
You can apply to foster:
- Whatever your race, religion, language, culture, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.
- If you are married, single, in a relationship, divorced or widowed
- If you already have children of your own – provided your children are happy to accept a foster child into your family
- If you have a job or are thinking about working in the future as well as fostering, your employment situation will be discussed with you to see how you would balance the two responsibilities as a foster carer.
- If you are retired – provided you are able to balance your life with foster caring
- If you had a difficult, unhappy childhood, provided you can think about what happened and can use your experiences in a positive way
- Provided you have the space in your home, and a spare bedroom, under two’s could share your bedroom
- Provided your health is good and you enjoy good relationships with children / young people
- If you do not have a police record for violence or sexual offences.
Making the right choice
One of our social work experts will match you and your situation with the most suitable fostering agencies in Birmingham, on our UK Independent Agency Database.
Just like people, Birmingham fostering agencies are not all the same; they have different support, allowances, quality of training, and access to respite care and support groups. Not all agencies foster babies, some prefer to look after teenagers, some agencies expect you to be at home full time, others are happy if you have another job.
Although agencies have similar expectations, it’s important that you have a clear understanding from the start.