New carers needed in Hammersmith and Fulham
Using our knowledge of agencies in the Borough, a social worker will:
- Carefully check your enquiry form;
- Identify the fostering agencies on our Database, that are recruiting foster carers in your Borough;
- Match your details with the agencies with vacancies, then forward your details to those fostering agencies;
- Request that the most suitable fostering agencies contact you within three working days.
Free Foster Care Children Handbook
Save yourself time and frustration and give yourself the best possible start on your foster carer journey by completing our contact form and using our free agency matching service.
Realise your potential and make a difference
To Become a foster carer you will need to have:
• The time and energy to invest in a child or young person
• A bedroom for the exclusive use of the foster child
• Couples will need to arrange their working hours so that one carer can be available full time
• Single carers will need to be at home full-time or have flexible employment
• A full UK driving licence or have excellent transport links
Factors to consider before deciding to foster
Before deciding to become a foster carer there are a few things that should be considered.
Along with the training and support provided by fostering agencies, you should also check if you have a personal support system with friends and family that can support you under stressful situations as all foster children are not the same and as a foster carer, you may have to tackle difficult situations.
According to your family and personal circumstances the age group of foster kids needs to be considered. Needs of children vary based on their age and understanding which is why you should be prepared to be flexible.
Flexibility to work with social workers is important as they visit on a regular basis. Foster carers need to be comfortable communicating with biological parents of the foster child, as that might be a part of the job.
About Hammersmith and Fulham
The Borough is the fourth smallest borough in London, Gandhi lived on Baron’s Court Road while studying law in London in the 1880s and there are three rail stations, fewer than any other London borough.
The borough’s Westfield shopping centre used enough concrete to fill 117 Olympic swimming pools and the 1908 Olympics were transferered from Italy to White City after Mount Vesuvius erupted.
Make a confidential enquiry to Simply Fostering so we can help you to find the best agencies to choose from.