Fostering children in Warrington?
Want to foster children – Find the right fostering agency?
Take the next step in the fostering process?
Information about fostering.
We provide comprehensive information about foster care and help you to reduce the risk of choosing the wrong fostering agency.
The right agency.
From your contact form, one of our social work experts will match you and your situation with the most suitable fostering agencies in Warrington, on our UK Independent Agency Database.
Different types of fostering. Allowance, babies, children, teens, agency advice?
Just like people, Fostering Agencies are not all the same. They have different support, allowances, quality of training, and access to respite care and support groups.
Not all agencies foster babies, some prefer to look after teenagers, some agencies expect you to be at home full time, others are happy if you have another job.
Foster Carers are classed as self-employed. The government has tax allowances in available for foster carers so that you will pay little or no tax.
As a Foster Carer, with a child in placement for the whole tax year, you could receive:
- A personal allowance of £11,000 plus a fixed rate of £10,000, exclusive to Foster Parents. A total of £21,000.
Including a weekly rate of tax relief:
- £200 per week per child under the age of 11 years old
- £250 per week per child aged 11 years old or over
Be a foster carer – Find the right Warrington agency, support, allowances.
To be a foster carer you will need to have:
• The time and energy to invest in a child or young person
• A bedroom for the exclusive use of the foster child
• Couples will need to arrange their working hours so that one carer can be available full time
• Single carers will need to be at home full-time or have flexible employment
• A full UK driving licence or have excellent transport links
To find out more and to take the next step towards a career as a foster carer, use our no obligation, free agency matching service by completing our online enquiry form, and get fostering right fist time!
Did you know?
Warrington is a town and borough in Cheshire, with a population heading for 200,000 and was founded in the 8th century.
The IRA detonated two bombs in Warrington town centre in 1993 and Burtonwood RAF base was the largest US Army Air Force base outside the United States during World War II.